Sorry it has been a while. The end of the semester for me was tough and I have been out of commission for a while. But alas, class is done and I am free for a couple of weeks before summer school starts. I wanted to take some time and highlight some pictures of Justin on his deployment in Iraq. I know many of you ask how he is so I thought I would show you some of the things he has done. The first picture of him on his way to Iraq. He stopped in Kuwait first. Some pictures are of him in Iraq and the ones from Qatar are when he went on his R&R vacation for a week. Qatar is located on the Persian Gulf (It's a peninsula). While in Qatar, he went to the beach and a market where they sell gold and spices. We also got to see him everyday on the web cam. We were so happy and he was able to see Olivia crawling and pulling up to a standing position. It was a well-needed morale boost for all of us. He is closing in on coming home. Only a few more months...

Justin at a base in Kuwait. Love the McDonalds in Arabic behind him!

Justin helping a man sign a lease for land in Fallujah, Iraq.

Had to show this picture of woman waiting to get paid from the Marines in Fallujah, Iraq. Her daughter is with her. Interesting how she is fully covered and her daughter is not and dressed in western clothes.

His weapon of choice in Iraq! Eight confirmed kills! Notice the pretty pink color of this killing machine.

Who's the hottie lying on the raft in the Persian Gulf? Oh that's Justin on his R&R in Qatar.

Justin in the vast Qatar desert.

Camels in Qatar.

Justin in a dust storm at his base in Fallujah, Iraq. No color added. This is really what it looks like!
4 comments:
I just happened to check the blog and lo and behold-new pictures! I am so happy that you were able to see each other via web cam. How cool! I'm sure it was great for all of you. I am thinking of you and glad that you have some time off school. Enjoy it! Call me anytime you get a chance. Take care, Kristine Hill
Justin...so good to 'see' you...you look great...and thanks to Heather for the post. My and my family are so appreciative your your commitment to serving in Iraq.
DebiP
man I am a blithering idiot...what a terrible post...I hope the point was made ...DebiP
Thanks for sharing about Justin. Chad and I talk about you guys and hope it's going well and Justin will be reunited with his lovely ladies soon.
Happy Mother's Day!
Post a Comment